Welcome to our Adoption Journey



Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh where oh where can our I-600a be

Oh where oh where can it be…

There is some debate as to who should have our I-600a and I-600 petitions, the local office or the national office. Right now the national office has our I-600 and the local office has indicated that they have mailed the I-600a. Either office (local or national) can approve our petition. If I have my wish I want the wonderful woman who works in the national office to get our I-600a so she can merge it with our I-600, approve our file and send it on to the National Visa Center. Please say a lil’ prayer or send out a good vibe that our “angel” in the national office will get her hands on our I-600a soon and she will be able to complete that end of the process. I call her our angel because she is such a compassionate woman who is tirelessly working to get our I-600a and get our petition approved and yes she works for one of our government agencies.

Once we have the above completed it is on to the National Visa Center.

And our wonderful agency has already submitted our daughters Emigration Permit.

After many emails yesterday and today with regard to where our I-600a may be we all decided it was in transit. And who should receive our I-600a the vote goes to our “angel”. So receiving another email from our agency later this afternoon was no surprise. When I opened it I got the best surprise, we have six new pictures of our girl. The pictures are a bit bitter sweet. She is changing and growing so fast and the pictures bring that realization home. But the sweetness of her face melts away any bitter taste I may have of all that I am missing.

As you can see she is wearing the dresses we sent to her. I am now wondering if the other outfits I have ready for her next care package are going to be big enough. Eh, this Mamma doesn’t mind buying new clothes for her princess.

So without further adieu…





1 comment:

  1. Oh my stars! She is such a cutie. It looks like she is starting to get some hair. Her socks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete